Keyboarding Online has just finished our API integrations to sync directly with Skyward Student Information Systems (SIS) OneRoster API. This means we can create class and student lists automatically based on what is shared with us. This is a district level syncing/rostering option.
What does Keyboarding Online need
We need three things from your district:
- OneRoster API URL (may be something like https://skyward.iscorp.com/yourDistrict/ims/oneroster/v1p1)
Email these 3 items to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will complete the setup on our end.
What does your district need to do?
- Ensure your Skyward software is at the June 2016 Release + Addendum 10 or later
- Download the API Server Installer
- Run the API Server Installer (~15 minutes)
- Create a Key and Secret (~5 minutes)
- If using multiple Load Balanced Web Servers configure the Machine Key
- Test your API Server (~5 minutes)
- If the API Server Test fails reboot the Web Server(s)
- Provide the API URL, Key, and Secret to the 3rd party vendor.
- Only share the classes that will use Keyboarding Online software. Sharing all classes or all grade levels will unnecessarily use up licenses.
Data objects to share:
- Academic Sessions